Getting started and how to use electric blinds
It’s really simple – just follow the assembly instructions included in the package.
No, the blinds come together with a rechargeable battery, so no need to wire into the mains electricity.
You can operate the blinds with the included remote control or with the IKEA Home smart app (available to install on iOS or Android), via the TRÅDFRI gateway (sold separately). A single remote control (once paired) or the IKEA Home smart app can also operate multiple blinds. If the battery runs out and you need to pull the blind, you can carefully pull it down by hand.
Each individual blind is already paired.
Follow the same procedure as pairing the blinds.
Yes, follow these steps to pair additional blinds.
- Open the back cover of the open/close remote and find the pairing button.
- Short press on both buttons on the blind. The device is now awake and ready to pair for 2 minutes.
- Hold the open/close remote very close to the wireless roller blind that you want to add (no more than 5cm away from the blinds' battery lid).
- Press and hold the pairing button for at least 10 seconds on the wireless open/close remote.
- A red light will shine steadily on the open/close remote. On your wireless roller blind, a white light will begin to dim and flash until the devices are paired successfully.
You can pair up to 4 blinds. Please note that, if you have more than one blind, they might go up and down at slightly different speeds but this is normal.
The pairing button is inside the remote control.
You need the TRÅDFRI gateway to use the IKEA Home smart app. Download the app for free via Google Play or App Store, depending on which mobile device you have. Information on how to pair and add blinds can be found in the IKEA Home smart app.
How to use
For one short press on the remote – the blind will go up or down continuously. Press once to stop. Try not to double click or click the remote repeatedly, as this can create multiple signals/commands to the blind.
Press the pairing button on the remote control 4 times.
Yes, you can attach it using the sticky pads on the remote control holder. Alternatively, you can attach the holder with screws.
Move the blinds to the desired position using the remote control or buttons on the blind. When the blind is in the desired position, you can double press the up or down button on the blind to save this position as the new maximum level of extension.
Yes, please see the product information page for more information.
The remote control can steer the blinds from a distance of 10 metres. Using the TRÅDFRI gateway and IKEA Home smart app, you can control the blinds from anywhere as long as you are connected to the same WiFi as the gateway. Some app/HomeKit suppliers offer steering away from home.
Yes, via the IKEA Home smart app.
On the blind, press both buttons together for more than 5 seconds.